Friday, September 18, 2009

White Heart Project .... Done!

So over the weekend, I finished up the two smaller hearts (see previous blog entry) which left me with the three bigger hearts to do.

I knew that I wanted to add pictures in these bigger hearts. I used the kids senior pictures but finding a picture of me and my husband was challenging ... every picture of us tended to include a kid in the middle :) After adding the pictures I created the yo yos with cross-stitched button centers spelling out L-O-V-E and using the same material as the background for the smaller hearts. Still needed a little something ... so I added a music note charm to my daughter's picture since she is studying to be a music teacher, a hockey skate charm to my son's picture since that is and has been one of his passions, and a cross from an old ring that I used to wear to me and my husband's picture since our family loves the Lord and give thanks and praise to him everyday.

So here's the finished project ...

The picture doesn't do it justice ... I just love the way it turned out! I've just started reading the book Vintage Vavoom: Romantic Decorating with One-of-a-Kind Finds. I'm really enjoying the book and I think this project personalizes my living space with a soft romantic look as well as brings in some momentos of my past ... Vintage Vavoom!

0 comments:

Post a Comment