Thursday, November 18, 2010

Vintage Kitchen Items

I love old kitchen items ... they intrigue me. I think it's interesting to see how they evolve through years. Take for instance this old hand crank Griswold Meat Grinder. It's been replaced today with electric blenders or food processors. I still have a hand crank grinder that I use today ... makes the best bologna salad, some would call it ham salad, but I grind up a chunk of bologna, some whole dill pickles and mix it with a little mayo - yum, yum!


This Donut Maker by Fairgrove is an interesting kitchen tool. It's not quite as old as the grinder but I'm wondering does anybody make donuts at home anymore? I have to admit that I've never made donuts at home ... it's too convenient to stop by the donut shop. This donut maker can also be used to make pancakes ... bet they come out perfectly round.


Here's another item that may not get used at home much anymore ... a meat tenderizer. You can have the butcher tenderize your meat at the meat counter when you buy it nowadays so is there a need for a this mallet meat tenderizer? I don't have one at home but I have had occasion to tenderize chicken and I use the edge of a small plate :)

All of these items can be found in my etsy store, Endless Collectabilities.

0 comments:

Post a Comment