Wednesday, March 24, 2010

April Profits to Benefit Tallmadge Relay for Life

My daughter has a t-shirt that simply says "Cancer Sucks". At first I thought it was a rather vulgar statement. You see I tried to teach my kids not to say 'it sucks' as they were growing up and now my daughter's wearing a t-shirt proclaiming something sucks. But I've come to change my feelings as I watched a good friend of mine lose her life to cancer this year ... Cancer does suck, in fact you could say it is a very vulgar disease.

For over 5 years, my mom has been involved in the Tallmadge Ohio Relay for Life, an event that raises money for research and programs for the American Cancer Society. It is really something special to see this small community come together to help raise money in hopes to find a cure. Last year this community of around 20,000 people raised over $100,000. Many come to the event to walk laps, participate in the fundraisers, honor the survivors, and remember those who lost their lives to cancer.

So in memory of my grandfather, Luther Seeker, and my friends, Roger Bennett, Ro Freilino, and Kim Aspacher. And in honor of my friend and great prayer warrior as I was growing up, Nancy Schertzinger....

I am donating 50% of all my etsy store, Endless Collectabilities, profits in the month of April to the Tallmadge Relay for Life. Together we can make a difference!

0 comments:

Post a Comment