Sunday, February 28, 2010

Primitive Touches to Guest Bathroom

Our guest bathroom has slowly been getting a make over. Last year I hung a washboard-shelf-towel rack up and since then have been adding vintage items to it as I come across them (mostly found in boxes that I buy at auctions). I made the little blue shelf liner (after seeing it in a Trash to Treasure book) by gluing vintage buttons onto a piece of blue material that I cut with scalloped edges.



The next project was taking some vintage hair items and shaving items and giving them a new home. I attached them to some small wicker baskets with fishing line and hung them on the wall.









Last week I
had an idea to use some vintage fabric that I acquired from an auction as a valance. I wanted to hang it with clips and started searching online but then remembered some vintage silver hair clips that I acquired from an auction ... how primitive is that.



I love decorative switchplates and didn't have one in the guest bathroom so I started searching for one and came across Tin Can Sally.
There I found the perfect switchplate made from a Johnson and Johnson Powder Tin.

0 comments:

Post a Comment