Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Dressing up Willow Baskets full of Coleus Plants for Indoors

A couple weeks ago I brought in some coleus plants that I had displayed outside on my porch. These plants were part of my son's biology project 3 years ago ... hard to believe they have not only survived at my house that long but they have also reproduced. When a piece breaks off I put it in water until the root system develops and then plant it. This spring they were attacked, several times, when I first put them out on the porch by racoons (I'm guessing) until a friend of mine suggested sprinkling red pepper around them. That did the trick and I was able to nurse some of them back to health.

So, I've brought them inside and decided that the willow baskets needed a little vintage vavoom (I am loving this book) . I was at a tag sale not too long ago and bought a bag of scrap pieces of lace and some trinkets and I really like the effect.





They even look good on the porch...

0 comments:

Post a Comment